1. What are the vocational training programmes on offer?
We conduct training courses in different vocational trades namely Automobile, Electrical, Electronics, Welding, Draftsman, bakery, Beauty Culture, Hospitality management,Aluminium Fabrication, Masonary and ICT. These different courses are offered in different satellite centers located in the 5 districts of the Northern Province and Trincomalee district in the Eastern Province.
2. How do I choose a suitable training course?
We provide free career guidance counseling to help you to evaluate your strengths and advise you about the qualifications you need to enroll in the training programme that best suits your capabilities and fits your aspirations.
3. Where do I register for a particular training programme?
Our training courses are conducted in a variety of locations in the northern and eastern provinces. You may register online or in person at any one of the following training centres:
- The NAITA Phase 1 Training Centre in Kilinochchi
- The VTA Training Centres in Jaffna, Kilinochchi & Mullaitivu
- The Don Bosco Training Centres in Murungan – Mannar & Poonagary – Kilinochchi
- The ORHAN Training Centre in Vavuniya
- The VTA Training Centres in Kanthale & Kinniya
4. What are the eligibility requirements to enrol in a course?
You need to have passed:
The GCE Ordinary Level Examination
The GCE Advance Level Examination
The National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) Level 2/3 in your chosen field of study
5. How long is the training programme?
It depends on the training course you choose. Our courses vary in duration from a 2-year training programme in Automobile Technology that includes 1 year in On-The-Job (OJT) training to one year’s training programme in Information & Computer Technology (ICT) divided into 6 months each of theory and OJT training in a selected company or government department.
6. How much will it cost?
7. Is accommodation provided?
No, we do not have hostel facilities in our satellite training centres but we do pay for transport in the form of bus season tickets and bicycles.
8. What is the qualification that I will receive?
You will receive a well-recognized National Vocational Qualifications Framework qualification at Level 3 or 4 which will make you eligible to enter the state-of-the-art Sri Lankan German Training Institute (SLGTI) to be opened in May 2016 in Kilinochchi.
9. How will I get a placement to do my on-the-job training?
We will help you to obtain a suitable position in a branded company or recognized organization that may well absorb you into their workforce after successful completion of your OJT period.
10. Will I be paid during my on-the-job training period?
We will do our best to enable you to secure good terms and conditions (including an allowance) for the period of your OJT at a recognized institution.